As a scientist he saw the potential of microwave ovens when he observed one heating up a sandwich in the 1960s. Microwaveable oatmeal, among other advances, was in his future.
Robert Schiffmann, Inventive Guru of the Microwave, Dies at 86
More from LATESTMore posts in LATEST »
More from SCI-TECHMore posts in SCI-TECH »
- Leader of Apple activism movement says she was fired.
- YouTube’s stronger election misinformation policies had a spillover effect on Twitter and Facebook, researchers say.YouTube’s stronger election misinformation policies had a spillover effect on Twitter and Facebook, researchers say.
- ‘Disability Drives Innovation’
- In a Blue Origin Rocket, William Shatner Finally Goes to Space
- U.S. regulator questions Tesla on the lack of a recall after an update to Autopilot.