Two major November hurricanes slammed into the same part of Nicaraguan coast, laying waste to the Miskito village of Haulover. Faced with a future of intensifying storms, the residents must now consider whether to abandon their way of life by the ocean and move inland.
Video: Rebuild or Leave ‘Paradise’: Climate Change Dilemma Facing a Nicaraguan Coastal Town
More from AMERICAMore posts in AMERICA »
- New virus cases are rising on some Caribbean islands, the W.H.O. says.
- Nadia Chaudhri, Scientist With an End-of-Life Mission, Dies at 43
- Spanish Court Agrees to Extradite Former Venezuela Spy Chief to U.S.
- Kidnappers in Haiti Demand $17 Million to Free Missionary Group
- Trump’s Pentagon Chief Quashed Idea to Send 250,000 Troops to the Border
More from LATESTMore posts in LATEST »